[Labs-l] Labs down?

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Tue May 20 12:31:44 UTC 2014

On 5/20/14 7:03 AM, Hedonil wrote:
> Multiple 500 errors & "no data received" things from tools-webproxy
> again.. ^
>
> For the sake of reliability of tools services:
> Isn't there a way to provide a /stable/ & failesafe webproxy - and do
> the testings on a dedicated test instance?

Right now the proxies lives in labs instances.  We've discussed moving
them onto a proper production box for better performance, but this is
really the first time that we've hit any kind of load-based failures.
I'm not clear on if this is because the newer version of NGINX has
different/worse performance or if something is spiking in tools.

Yuvi, once you're done fighting the fire can you summarize what you've
learned about this?

-Andrew