[Labs-l] Crontab issues

R Cowell cowellrl at gmail.com
Sun May 18 12:05:39 UTC 2014

So now that everyone's crontab gets edited to convert to grid jobs, I'm
having some issues.  The tool in question is "helperbot".

I had a cron set up to kill (using jstop) and relaunch (using jstart) the
bot every 20 minutes, because it was having severe problems staying logged
in and not recognizing that it got logged out, plus a script to rotate and
compress the bot's log files once daily.

Unfortunately, I've hit the following two problems:

1) It's trying to do my "jstop" as a grid job, which is A: a waste of grid
resources, and B: not possible since the grid servers don't seem to have
the grid management commands installed: -bash: /usr/bin/jstop: No such file
or directory

2) The grid servers also do not apparently have 7zip installed, which is
what my rotate script was using for
compression: /data/project/helperbot/rotate.sh: line 7: 7z: command not
found

Any advice on how to resolve this?
--Darkwind (Ryan)