[Labs-l] permission/access denied issues when connecting to wmflabs

Hedonil hedonil at action.ms
Fri Mar 21 08:06:51 UTC 2014

> I am on Windows 7, so I am using both Putty and WinSCP. WinSCP gives the
> error message I mentioned in the last email. When I try the same via Putty,
> this is what I get:
> -bash: cd: torin8: Permission denied
> Also, I have tried to run a MySQL query from my tool folder (Icelab), and
> every time I get the following error:
> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'torin8'@'10.68.16.7' (using
> password: NO)

It seems you're having a permission problem on your home directory.

You can neither access your replica.my.cnf for your user nor become
icelab and access the replica.my.cnf for your tool.

So it seems not to be your fault unless you did a chmod on your home dir ;)
If this is the cause of the problem, try this after login:
$ take /home/torin8/   and/or
$ chmod 700 /home/torin8/

If all this doesn't work, join IRC ~14:00 UTC or ~20:00 UTC and
ask Coren or scfc_de to look into that.

Yours.
Hedonil
https://tools.wmflabs.org/wikiviewstats/