[Labs-l] Tool Labs migration instructions

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Tue Mar 4 22:17:05 UTC 2014

On 03/04/2014 04:48 PM, Christian Thiele wrote:
> is there a list, which things are not transfered by the script? I'm
> wondering if database rights are restored on the new cluster. Are the
> user names and passwords in replica.my.cnf the same? Are continuous jobs
> restartet automatically?

The tool itself enumerates the detail when started; the short of it:

the credentials for tools are /not/ the same, but the new ones will be
available in eqiad.  Database rights are set, including to existing
databases.

Jobs (including webservice and cron jobs) are /not/ restarted
automatically.  You can do so from eqiad once you are satisfied with the
migration.

-- Marc