[Labs-l] Unusual WinSCP-Putty issue

Alex Brollo alex.brollo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 12:07:03 UTC 2014

As I told into #irc, I've been faced with a strange issue when trying a
"hello world"  cgi py script into public_html folder. The reason was that I
was used to work with two connections to Toolserver - WinSCP and Putty. I
was unaware that doing the same in Tool Labs where I "become itsource",
files coming from WinSCP are owned by my base user name, files created from
Putty console are owned by my project user name; in rare case this caused a
owner mismatch sufficient to cause "newbye headaches".

I tryed to add some report/warning into Wikitech wiki, you'll find under my
contribution list:
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Alex_brollo

Please review/fix them if needed.

Alex brollo