[Labs-l] Cron jobs can't connect to the database

Brad Jorsch (Anomie) bjorsch at wikimedia.org
Fri Jun 27 13:36:39 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 5:38 AM, Andre Karwath <aka at aka-online.de> wrote:

>  I put a small example script to http://pastebin.com/hSnhee8U
> I already tried to use an absolute path to the .cnf file, but this did not
> solve the problem.

I see the same error message when I use 'jlocal' in my crontab to run the
script; when using the cron job to submit a grid job to run the script it
works fine.

I suspect that the cronjob server isn't allowed to connect to the
databases. It wouldn't surprise me if this is intended, to try to avoid
people running heavy tasks on the cronjob server rather than on the grid
like they're supposed to.