[Labs-l] Statistics of access.log

krinklemail at gmail.com krinklemail at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 22:30:46 UTC 2014

On 22 Jun 2014, at 12:31, Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada <emijrp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello;
>
> Is planned to install any tool to generate statistics of access.log files? I have played a bit with grep, cut, sort, etc, but it is not very amazing.

+1

Having per-tool access logs is great, but having a shared interface to interpret them would be nice. If these are readable by other tools, I imagine one could build a general-interest tool that provides a web interface for them (behind access control using htaccess/LDAP for general shell access or even the specific tool, since the raw logs contain privacy sensitive data). Perhaps showing various kinds of trends for urls, 404s, referrals, IPs etc.

— Krinkle