[Labs-l] Upgrading labs db replicas to MariaDB 10

Marc-André Pelletier mpelletier at wikimedia.org
Thu Jul 24 05:17:35 UTC 2014

On 07/24/2014 12:40 AM, Sean Pringle wrote:
> The first MariaDB 10 instance is migrated. These names now (or will very
> shortly) access it

And that is now done, though jobs which may have cached the old IP
address may not notice the change until they are restarted.  If your job
seems to not see recent changes, or cannot write to a user DB, that's
almost certainly it.

Until the last connections go away (or up to 24h from now), we'll keep
the old replicas running.  Until we can shut the old ones down, the new
combined replica works with reduced memory (and thus reduced
performance) -- this may not be all that noticable, but may affect
particularily heavy queries.

And with that migration, as Sean already mentionned, the federated
databases went away completely (and for good) and are now replaced with
actual replicas.  If you were using commonswiki_f_p, wikidatawiki_f_p or
centralauth_f_p, you can simply switch to the _p variant.

-- Marc