[Labs-l] max upload size

Prolineserver prolineserver at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 21:53:03 UTC 2014

Hej!

Thanks Magnus/Tim for your hints. The problem is not a primarily in
the webserver but in the php config. The memory restrictions are set
in php.ini, and lighttpd cannot override any of these values at all,
while apache seems to be configured not to override them either.

The only dirty solution i found so far is to add another php-cgi to
my.lighttpd.conf, feeding it with a modified php.ini. As i can't
override the old .php service i have to use another file extension:

fastcgi.server += ( ".phpx" =>
        ((
                "bin-path" => "/usr/bin/php-cgi -c
/data/project/videoconvert/php.ini",
                "socket" => "/tmp/php.socket.videoconvert2",
                "max-procs" => 1,
                "bin-environment" => (
                        "PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN" => "4",
                        "PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS" => "10000"
                ),
                "bin-copy-environment" => (
                        "PATH", "SHELL", "USER"
                ),
                "broken-scriptfilename" => "enable"
        ))
)

This seems to work somewhat, but its just a hack. So I gave chunked
uploads a new try, this time with jQuery:
https://github.com/blueimp/jQuery-File-Upload/wiki/Chunked-file-uploads

So uploading 500M works without any problem. So next steps are the
queuing and  TUSC as well as a direct upload of the result to Commons.

And in the far future, it would be intresting to integrate Wikimedia
Commons as an online ressource into kdenlive, which shouldn't be to
hard:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/multimedia/kdenlive/repository/revisions/master/show/src/utils
Then the workflow could be that the raw-videomaterial is directly
dropped on commons, editing is done locally and instead of uploading
the final rendered video only the kdenlive/mlt file is uploaded.
Rendering can be made somewhere in the cloud, and the result can
easily be edited by others ;)

Regards, Holger