[Labs-l] Filesystem downtime to schedule

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Wed Dec 31 20:45:24 UTC 2014

> I would suggest starting the operation
> on Tuesday, January 13 at 18:00 UTC.  The period of downtime is expected
> to last until January 14, 18:00 UTC but may extend a few hours beyond
that.

Bryan Davis pointed out that this is likely to disrupt the beta cluster at
least to some extent.

We have a lot of development teams using beta labs for pre-deploy feature
testing every week, and Mon/Tue/Wed are the busiest times for beta labs in
the weekly deploy schedule.  I think people using beta labs would prefer
downtime Thu/Fri instead of Tue/Wed, because the last weekly scheduled
deploy is on Wednesday.

Thanks,
-Chris