[Labs-l] Wikimedia tool framework (php)

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 16:51:29 UTC 2014

I coded such frameworks some years ago. It was based on MediaWiki code,
so it (a) looked similar to MW code, (b) would be easier to port if it
was to be converted into a MediaWiki extension, (c) had quite advanced
code ready to use (like the database access primitives or creating a
gallery).

The code is ~200 lines of library code plus ~250 for the skin (ie.
skipped for cli scripts).
Mostly glue so that it could load from a db from a project, to use
ToolserverI18N instead of MW native ones, etc.
The html showed either Vector or Monobook skin, including links to view
the tool translated and even warned about the status of each Toolserver
cluster (doesn't have an equivalence in labs).

If you are interested on this code, it can be used as a basis for the
framework. It should be brought up to date with modern MediaWiki,
though. On the plus side, that would allow my old toolserver tools to
run again :)