[Labs-l] A proposal for better tool discoverability

Danmichaelo danmichaelo+wikipedia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:14:03 UTC 2014

It's great if this catches on, but we need a way to express multiple
authors. Could we have an "authors" field instead of "author", and use an
array instead of a string? I would also prefer "keywords" to be an array
instead of a comma-separated string.

It would also be great if the description could be fetched from the
~/.description file read at http://tools.wmflabs.org/ if not specified in
the .json file. I would prefer to maintain a description of my tools in one
place rather than in two. Perhaps maintainers could also be fetched
automatically if not specified manually?

Dan Michael