[Labs-l] Deploying files tools.wmflabs.org: this could be simpler, right?

Pietro De Nicolao powerpdn at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 12:34:35 UTC 2014

Il giorno 15/apr/2014, alle ore 14:26, Hay (Husky) <huskyr at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> And them i'm done. 9 steps seems like a lot just to deploy some PHP
> files to a webserver. Obviously, there should be some easier way to
> manage this, right?
>
> — Hay

I use some Git repos (on GitHub) for my projects.
So I write the code and test it on my local machine, then I commit it to GitHub and then:

ssh pietrodn at tools-login.wmflabs.org
become intersect-contribs
cd public_html
git pull

And it’s done.

I usually edit config files via vim or using an external editor linked to a SFTP client (TextWrangler + Cyberduck on OS X).

Pietro De Nicolao
powerpdn at gmail.com