[Labs-l] a few resources you might not know about

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at wikimedia.org
Fri Sep 27 19:29:40 UTC 2013

I'm about to head off for three months for a sabbatical, so I wanted to
let you know of a few more underappreciated resources.

low-traffic list with announcements of office hours, meetups, bug days,
and so on. And https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News is a weekly
summary of changes in the world of Wikimedia tech.

http://vmartinezdelacruz.com/in-a-nutshell-how-openstack-works/ is an
introduction to how OpenStack works. Wikimedia Labs is built in
OpenStack; this will help you if you've ever wondered "WTF is Nova?"

And there's a sample Python application
http://tools.wmflabs.org/flask-stub/ "for those who want some yeast to
start their own project." More information:
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Flask-stub Thanks, User:Little green
rosetta.

I'm unsubscribing from the toolserver-l list and labs-l for my
sabbatical now -- more info at
http://www.harihareswara.net/sumana/2013/08/28/1 . If you need to talk
about Wikimedia technical community stuff before January, please consult
Quim Gil, qgil at wikimedia dot org. Silke and Coren will be able to
answer your questions and keep momentum going on Tool Labs, as they
already are already. :-)  Thanks! Looking forward to coming back in January.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager