[Labs-l] PHP on Labs Tools is down?

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 9 08:24:27 UTC 2013

Odd, that was actually where I added a timeout:

$ctx = stream_context_create(array('http' => array('timeout' => 5)));
$file = file_get_contents ( $url , 0 , $ctx ) ;

That should limit the request to 5 sec max.

I have now deactivated the Template:Motd part completely. Can you chase the
dragon again? ;-)

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 12:27 AM, Marc A. Pelletier <marc at uberbox.org> wrote:

> On 10/08/2013 07:22 PM, Marc-André Pelletier wrote:
> > It took roughly 2 minutes for catfood to occupy the
> > totality of the apache worker threads.
>
> Can you take a look at your code and see how it handles the lack of the
> template it seems to expect on commons?  Template:Motd/...  The presence
> of a 404 for that file in your php_error.log when it tries to get it
> seems to coincide with your script going berzerk.
>
> -- Marc

undefined