[Labs-l] NFS server hardware swap this Thu Oct 10

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Mon Oct 7 13:10:01 UTC 2013

Hello all,

As will come as no surprise to anyone, we have had difficulties with the
stability of the hardware of the Lab's NFS server for some time.

In an effort to fix that service, we will be switching the hardware
underlying that service to new hardware this week (2013-10-10) at 18:00
UTC (14:00 ETD / 11:00 PDT).

The switch proper should only cause a brief (~10m) outage but since the
switch requires a rebuilding of the filesystem it means that services
using NFS will need to be restarted at its conclusion.

For Tool Labs this means that continuous services will be restarted and
cron job suspended during the outage, but will resume automatically at
the conclusion.  Non-continuous jobs will not be restarted automatically.

-- Marc