[Labs-l] Can no longer use Content-type: text/text and web server is slow

Bryan White bgwhite at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 21:15:29 UTC 2013

>> My cgi programs that use "Content-type: text/text" no longer function.
>> Those that use "Content-type: text/html" do work.  If I replace
>> text/text with text/html, the scripts work, but the output is not what
>> the bots expect.  All bots are currently unable to run.
>>
>> An example is:
>>   http://tools.wmflabs.org/checkwiki/cgi-bin/checkwiki_bots.cgi?id=003&project=frwiki&action=list
>>
>> The above will not work in FF or IE, but will in Chrome.
>
>Have you tried using text/plain as a MIME type instead of text/text?
>
>--
>Antoine "hashar" Musso

I just did and it works.  I originally had to use text/text as
text/plain wasn't working many moons ago.  One of the admins said use
to text/text.

I gather the "fix" is no longer needed and was removed Friday/Saturday.

As the speed of the web server dropped to cold tar running uphill
levels on Friday/Saturday, would another change to the web server's
confiig file be causing the problem?

Bryan