[Labs-l] Fwd: [freenode.net #132451] Request to lift a number of connections from IP

Jeremy Baron jeremy at tuxmachine.com
Sat May 25 13:43:48 UTC 2013

I don't know if anything special has been done to make this happen but
all 3 of the labs instances I just tried (tools-dev, tools-login,
bastion1) are using their instance specific public IPs (as listed on
[[Special:NovaInstance]] ) for outbound HTTP reqs. So that is already
a good fit for freenode.

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Petr Bena <benapetr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok if anyone understand how to do that you should create a simple
> how-to because

We should be asking for puppetizing not HOWTOs.

> every project on labs will need it

I doubt that. Most projects won't use IRC at all. You can add it to
the few instances (surely less than a dozen?) that actually need it.
or you could add it to all of labs. But the key is puppetizing!

-Jeremy