[Labs-l] [IRC - bot] wm-bot outage

Petr Bena benapetr at gmail.com
Mon May 13 14:16:28 UTC 2013

ok so after almost 2 days of recovering I am getting somewhere... so
here is a list of things that were lost and I am unable to recover
them:

* changes to access lists for all channels since 1. February 2013
* statistics for all channels where they were enabled since 1. February 2013
* seen data since 1. February 2013
* infobot metadata (names of users who created a key etc) (for
#mediawiki completely gone, for other channels all key data since 1.
February are gone)
* configuration changes of all channels

here is the list of things that were somewhat recovered or need
additional recovery, but where recovery is possible

* list of all removed / added channels since 1. February 2013
(channels that were added after 1. February have empty access l. so
should you need to regain access to them, just poke me on irc - petan)
* infobot data (not including metadata) - raw keys and raw aliases.
They were preserved thanks to html dumps that live on different
physical storage. I copied all of them to
http://bots.wmflabs.org/~wm-bot/db/backup/ there is a way to convert
these html dumps back to xml format they are stored in - but it's long
and painfull. So far I recovered only largest DB of #mediawiki which
is itself far larger than all other db's together. Given that most of
other channels contain only few keys, I decided not to recover them.
You can always copy paste the keys from preserved html back to bot.
* RC changes
* RSS changes

Right now the bot (wm-bot) is running ONLY with logging module - so
that it only can log channels, where logging was enabled, all other
functions are disabled and I am still working on recovery - but it
/should/ be back fully operational today.