[Labs-l] Performance at tool-labs compared with TS

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Sun May 5 15:09:54 UTC 2013

On 05/04/2013 07:37 PM, Kolossos wrote:
> The queries directly on mysql-terminal are fast and seems not to be the
> problem.

That's the part that baffles me; the currently used DB instance is not
well-tuned (being, as it is, a temporary stopgap) but I can think of no
reason for a query from your tool taking any longer than one directly
from the commandline mysql(!)

Possibly, your hypothesis about SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS is on the nose; a
quick google seems to report that on modern mysqls (including mariadb)
it's actually a performance /downgrade/.  Can you try without it so we
have a basis for comparison?

-- Marc