[Labs-l] TUSC-ish tool for webtools

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Fri Mar 15 22:22:01 UTC 2013

On 03/15/2013 06:02 PM, Fox Wilson wrote:
> On Toolserver, we
> have http://toolserver.org/~magnus/tusc.php?language=en&project=wikipedia <http://toolserver.org/%7Emagnus/tusc.php?language=en&project=wikipedia> because
> of the Toolserver rules. I have two questions:
> 1. Will Tool Labs rules require this?
> 2. Would anyone like me to code this or something like this?

Actually, we have something better almost ready to deploy:  actual
OpenID with the Wikimedia.org as a provider.  This allows an editor to
use their credentials and identity from the projects without giving the
actual credentials to the tool.

This means that any application that is coded to use OpenID (there are
readily available easy to use libraries for pretty much every language
likely to be used) can do it without the need of a specific tool.

-- Marc