[Labs-l] Puppet docs (was: Re: This week's update, now with 7.3% more levity!)

Dan Michael O. Heggø danmichaelo+wikipedia at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 11:17:57 UTC 2013

Thanks for the link, Silke. It's helpful, but not the kind of
practical guide aimed at tool maintainers I had in mind. It also
assumes that you have root access, but if I've understood it right the
average tool maintainer is not supposed to have that on the tools
project? Perhaps puppet is not supposed to be used by the average tool
maintainer, but it would be nice to clarify, as you say, when it makes
sense to puppetize and not, and what is considered "best practice" for
deploying a tool with some dependencies.

Dan Michael