[Labs-l] Workflow documentation wanted for GUI users

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Mon Mar 11 17:39:50 UTC 2013

On 03/11/2013 01:09 PM, Mono wrote:
> it would actually be nice if we had a cPanel or Webmin setup as I
> don't want to mess with terminals.

That... is not going to happen.

Not only are those extraordinarily severe security exposures, but they
are also completely inadequate for anything but the most basic of system
administration for completely stand-alone servers that do not interact
or impact with anything else (and even then, barely so).  I think that
your email is going to send Ops scrambling to disable those packages
entirely like was done with myphpadmin, and for the same reasons -- only
more so.

I would expect that any instance found running something like this would
be immediately shut down and disabled.  I certainly would do so without
hesitation.

-- Marc