[Labs-l] open grid on bots

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Mon Mar 11 17:12:39 UTC 2013

On 03/11/2013 12:59 PM, Petr Bena wrote:
> I would myself rather host my bots on a cluster where I can easily set
> it up and have constant support anytime I need, rather than some
> cluster which is mostly only "self-maintained" in the means that users
> can't change anything but the tool itself, and for anything which
> requires sysadmin attention (there will be lot of needs for that) will
> have to wait for ages - just as they have to on tool server now.

Then perhaps your use case simply does not match the Tool Labs
objectives and requirements and you would be better off with a co-lo
server, like I've used for some time myself.

There's nobody pretending here that the Tool Labs is the right solution
for every one and every tool; though of course one of my objectives is
to accomodate as many of them as possible, and to be as flexible as
possible -- so long as it does not affect reliability and stability of
other tools.

-- Marc