[Labs-l] GLAM tool testing, & what to port next

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at wikimedia.org
Sun Jul 21 22:03:04 UTC 2013

People on this list may be interested in the monthly Tool Testing
Reports of the GLAM community:
https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:This_Month_in_GLAM_Tool_testing_reports
, especially the June one
https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/Newsletter/June_2013/Contents/Tool_testing_report
.

In the June report, author Daniel Mietchen writes about Magnus Manske's
popular tools, such as Quick Intersection, BaGLAMa and GLAMorous, and
explains what they do.  Also via that report I found
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Magnus_Manske/tools2port , in which
Magnus asks users what he should prioritize moving over to Labs:

> This is a list of my tools on the toolserver, which I should port to WMFLabs. I don't really know the priorities here, and some tools I have no idea what they do anymore ;-)
>
> Please help me annotate which ones to port first, and which ones can be ignored...

Thanks to Magnus for all his tool-making! :)
--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager