[Labs-l] Filesystem problems

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Mon Jul 1 14:39:51 UTC 2013

A quick status update,

So, we've had issues with the filesystem underlying the NFS server.
Most of those seem to be invisible to endusers, and the cause is still
currently uncertain.

What I am doing at the moment is making a manual mirror of the
xfs-backed filesystem onto an ext4 partition, to see if that is where
the issue lies.  For the most part, this will not affect Labs NFS users
except for a possible loss of performance.

At some point early this week, I will switch the two filesystems.  This
will cause a pause in file IO that should not last more than a few
minutes (I will post an advance warning once I know the exact time).  At
the very least, this will allow us to isolate the problem and help
figure out exactly what is going on.

-- Marc