[Labs-l] Memcached issues on piramido

Asher Feldman afeldman at wikimedia.org
Wed Jan 30 21:09:35 UTC 2013

That message actually means that memcached is working.  The messages keys
used as locks are added via the memcached add call, which only returns
successfully if the key doesn't already exist.  That could not acquire lock
message means that the key already exists, the "lock" is already held and
the work associated with it being done by another process.