[Labs-l] Opensim Wiki-community

Jason Spriggs jason at jasonspriggs.com
Tue Jan 29 02:43:25 UTC 2013

Wiki-people,

So I've had this idea for awhile to maybe start up an Opensimulator Grid
for community events (such as hackathons, etc.) and/or showcases of 3-D
model's to create a more interactive type of encyclopedia. This idea could
also be used to for things like Wikivoyage to create a life size walk
through of a city. Opensim is a fairly resource light service that can be
expanded/scaled upon extremely easily, and anyone who has used Second Life
would feel right at home. If there are no objections, I'd like to kickstart
this project on labs with the (code)name Wiki3-D.

//I know it's cheesy, feel free to give input on that as well.

~Jason