[Labs-l] Coren joining WMF Ops department as Tools Labs contractor

Tim Landscheidt tim at tim-landscheidt.de
Sun Feb 17 06:34:36 UTC 2013

"Marc A. Pelletier" <marc at uberbox.org> wrote:

>> I think that is a number that the existing
>> Bugzilla can master, and I don't think it's high enough to
>> warrant the extra effort of a separate instance.

> Fair enough.  Keep in mind that, at this time, I'm working
> from a flat and mostly unqualified feature request list.
> There is a *lot* of data gathering still to do before we
> have a clearer picture.  :-)

I think we also should acknowledge that Webtools (or Tool
Labs or ...) will always be a moving target.  Back when the
first boxes became "the Toolserver", noone could probably
imagine what a multi-headed beast it eventually would evolve
to.

So I do hope that we don't repeat the shortcomings in
Toolserver's development ("What do you need another server
for?  According to our 5-year plan, the load should be much
lower."), but embrace its spirit of advancement, and the
flexibility that Labs offers to achieve that :-).

Tim