[Labs-l] Projects marked for death

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Mon Dec 16 16:18:06 UTC 2013

On 12/16/13 11:05 AM, Andrew Bogott wrote:
> On 12/15/13 7:23 PM, Maximilian Doerr wrote:
>>
>> I am still using the project.  I am its maintainer.
>>
> Maximilian, can you confirm that you understand the distinction
> between a labs project and a tools project, and that you actually care
> about the labs project?  Because as best I can tell the labs project
> xtools doesn't even work -- there's a doc page for it [1] but I can't
> access the project through wikitech.

Ok, wait, now I'm really confused.  I have all these project pages[1]
which were automatically created by wikitech when new projects were
created.  And then there's the xtools page[2]... it shows up as part of
that symantic query but the history implies that it was made by hand by
user JackPotte in such a way that it closely resembles a project page
but actually isn't.

What the heck?

[1]
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Ask/-5B-5BResource-20Type::project-5D-5D/-3F/-3FMember/-3FDescription/mainlabel%3D-2D/searchlabel%3Dprojects/offset%3D0