[Labs-l] Shared storage not working

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Mon Dec 9 16:53:33 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Niklas Laxström
<niklas.laxstrom at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2013/12/9 Andrew Bogott <abogott at wikimedia.org>:
> > Niklas --
> >
> > This is the 'language' project, correct?  That project is not currently
> > configured to implement shared storage, so I'm pretty sure that
> > /data/project never existed.
>
> Yep. Sounds plausible.
>
> > I can turn it on, if you like -- just let me know if you also want shared
> > homedirs among instances.
>
> Shared storage would be helpful. No opinion about homedirs.
>
> I was under the impression that both of the above were provided by
> default. Is this assumption wrong?

A while back we changed this because gluster was falling over itself due to
the number of volumes. We deleted a large number of unused volumes and
changed the default to not create volumes for projects by default. At the
time we announced it, but it was likely easily missable, since project
creation doesn't happen very frequently.

- Ryan