[Labs-l] Renaming labs/gerrit users

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Thu Aug 29 10:25:14 UTC 2013

Le 28/08/13 23:38, Ryan Lane a écrit :
> Not without having 3 unique attributes, which is incredibly painful. If
> you want your git username to be your full name, then use your fullname
> as your wikitech/gerrit username.

Well we already have uid, sn and cn:

 uid: hashar
 sn: hashar
 cn: Hashar

Or for you:

 uid: laner
 sn: laner
 cn: Ryan Lane

Some entries even have a displayName entry which seems to be used by
gitblit.

Gerrit has:

  # Query to search a user account
  accountPattern = (&(objectClass=person)(cn=${username}))
  # The full name field
  accountFullName = cn

The default Gerrit value for accountFullName is displayName, though that
is not apparently populated for everyone, it is for a bunch of accounts
already and I guess that will solve the issue.

cheers,

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso