[Labs-l] Reinstating memcache on tools project

Petr Bena benapetr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 17:42:31 UTC 2013

Sure let's document new system, but BEFORE you turn previous down, not
after you do that...

In normal production environment people first set up some alternative
system they switch to and then shut down the old system, not the other
way like here. Imagine other wmf ops would first shut down all squid
servers and then started to look for some alternative... I guess
people wouldn't be much happy about all sites being down until they
figure it out.

@Coren: yes we can shut it down, we can shut down all servers
wikimedia project has... but is it a good idea?