[Labs-l] NFS server status

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Mon Aug 19 23:07:16 UTC 2013

Hello all,

A quick status update:  as most of you may have noticed, the workaround
put in place during the outage late last week seems to have indeed
completely circumvented the problem and we now have no stalls of the NFS
service.

The next week will be spend in diagnosing the root issue so that we can
return to full functionality as swiftly as possible (the workaround, as
previously noted, disables snapshots as well as one extra layer of
redundancy/performance).

I'll keep the list updated as new information is available, but in the
meantime we have a reliable filesystem to depend on (further diagnostic
measures will not involve downtime as the hardware at issue is no longer
used by the NFS subsystem).

Thank you all for your patience through this rough patch.

-- Marc