[Labs-l] wikistream-web filesystem failure?

Ed Summers ehs at pobox.com
Sun Aug 18 18:13:16 UTC 2013

I'm having some trouble connecting to the wikistream-web instance via
ssh from bastion as I have in the past. It looks like some kind of
filesystem failure? I tried rebooting the machine from the web but it
hasn't seem to have changed anything.

Thanks for any help you can provide. This is what I see when I try to connect:

--

edsu at bastion1:~$ ssh wikistream-web

If you are having access problems, please see:
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Access#Accessing_public_and_private_instances
Creating directory '/home/edsu'.
Unable to create and initialize directory '/home/edsu'.
Welcome to Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.2.0-41-virtual x86_64)

33 packages can be updated.
0 updates are security updates.

The last Puppet run was at Sun Aug 18 17:47:11 UTC 2013 (10 minutes ago).
*** System restart required ***

The programs included with the Ubuntu system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Ubuntu comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by
applicable law.

Last login: Sun Aug 18 17:56:19 2013 from bastion1.pmtpa.wmflabs
Connection to wikistream-web closed.