[Labs-l] Nagios changes + out of date instances

208.97.132.231 damian at damianzaremba.co.uk
Sun Sep 30 18:54:08 UTC 2012

I made some changes to Nagios last night that shouldn't cause you any
issues but I'll note them here anyway.

* The update script has been replaced - the previous one was broken and
not updating the configs any more.
* Instances are only monitored after they have an IP assigned (read,
finished building).
* Puppet Freshness isn't checked currently (pending a change in gerrit,
due to switching to FQDNs which are required for when we bring the next
region up)
* Echo bot isn't running - due to the spam, see other email for
instances causing it
* Grouping of instances is based on a) project and b) puppet classes

The below instances are still missing the free ram check, if they are
yours could you update your puppet clone which will pull in the snmp and
check script (or restart puppet);

su-fe2 - i-000002e6.pmtpa.wmflabs
pdbhandler-1 - i-0000030e.pmtpa.wmflabs
testing-singer-puppetization - i-00000331.pmtpa.wmflabs
tutopuppet - i-00000336.pmtpa.wmflabs
ve-parsoid-puppetization - i-0000033f.pmtpa.wmflabs
ve-parsoid3 - i-00000345.pmtpa.wmflabs
extrev1 - i-00000346.pmtpa.wmflabs
rocsteady-cleanup - i-00000349.pmtpa.wmflabs
wlmpuppet - i-0000035c.pmtpa.wmflabs
mobile-sphinx - i-00000364.pmtpa.wmflabs
robh-spl - i-00000369.pmtpa.wmflabs
maps-osmrails - i-00000373.pmtpa.wmflabs
jesusaurus-cleanup - i-0000038a.pmtpa.wmflabs
gerrit-db - i-0000038b.pmtpa.wmflabs
solr-ci - i-00000391.pmtpa.wmflabs
maps-osmmapnik - i-0000039b.pmtpa.wmflabs
blamemaps-m1xsmall - i-0000039e.pmtpa.wmflabs
mars - i-000003a8.pmtpa.wmflabs
deployment-video03 - i-000003c1.pmtpa.wmflabs

If anyone notices anything funny let me know.

Damian