[Labs-l] nagios monitoring via snmp / puppet freshness checks / ec2-metadata

Daniel Zahn dzahn at wikimedia.org
Sat Mar 31 13:52:54 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 10:32 PM, Petr Bena <benapetr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why is it unusual on prod?

Not sure which is the "unusual" way, but most likely because it was
installed before Nagios 3 even existed and upgraded later.

> Also I would like to make nagios use
> hostname as hostname, so i00fgfalf as hostname instead of
> deployment-web4 for example, I know it suck at some point but it's
> correct.

I agree it's correct, but also that it sucks at some points.

> I would prefer if we could change the naming for all
> instances so that hostname is the name we pick in labs

I agree again, this would also be my preference. Let's hear Ryan about that.
Daniel Zahn <dzahn at wikimedia.org>