[Labs-l] nagios monitoring via snmp / puppet freshness checks / ec2-metadata

Daniel Zahn dzahn at wikimedia.org
Sat Mar 31 12:27:40 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Petr Bena <benapetr at gmail.com> wrote:
> That is something you need to fix, since it's on puppet side. I can
> only do stuff on nagios.

I'll be happy to do the puppet side if for some reason we don't want
to change the hostnames and we find a command that works.

What you could do for now if you want to:

- make Nagios use the same path to the commandfile as in production
and then change the path back to the original value.
 (in./eventhandlers/submit_check_result , the CommandFile path.
(/var/log/nagios in prod vs.  /var/lib/nagios3 in
labs).

- make sure that snmptrapd runs as "/usr/sbin/snmptrapd -On -Lsd -p
/var/run/snmptrapd.pid " even after reboot

- optionally move the whole /etc/nagios3 to use /etc/nagios instead,
so we can change this there using the puppet classes.

Daniel Zahn <dzahn at wikimedia.org>