[Labs-l] nagios monitoring via snmp / puppet freshness checks / ec2-metadata

Daniel Zahn dzahn at wikimedia.org
Sat Mar 31 09:37:25 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Petr Bena <benapetr at gmail.com> wrote:
> That is something you need to fix, since it's on puppet side. I can
> only do stuff on nagios.

Adding it to puppet isn't a big deal, it's just _which_ command we can
use on an instance to find out the "nice" name.
But i think i would prefer to change all instances and set their
hostname to the nice name, so that you also get those at the bash
prompt,
and this also just works like on production without further exceptions.

Daniel Zahn <dzahn at wikimedia.org>