[Labs-l] going through starting up a new project - documentation

Ben Hartshorne bhartshorne at wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 28 00:48:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm sure other folks have written this stuff down, but here is a rough
outline of the steps I went through to start up a new project in labs.  I
think the existing documentation does not make this process easy; hopefully
this page can be used as a starting point to make a document to help folks
just starting new projects find their way more easily.

https://labsconsole.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Bhartshorne/Path_to_a_New_Project

Feel free to fork it to a real page or just edit in place.  I wrote it more
as a 'here are the steps I went through' rather than the more complete task
of trying to write out the tree anyone might need to follow to create their
own project.  Perhaps both could be useful
* one page following through a typical successful path to a working project
(without all the possible errors)
* also more complete documentation about each step with errors,
troubleshooting, and more obscure options that may not be applicable to
most people

-ben