[Labs-l] Labs back up, all instances, except for some on virt3 up

Ryan Lane rlane32 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 05:47:34 UTC 2012

I upgraded glusterfs to 3.3, created a new volume, then moved the data
into the new volume. It took quite a long time, overall. After
bringing data over, I started all instances on virt1, then on virt2,
then on virt4, with a 30 second delay between instances. Then I
selectively brought instances up on virt3 by priority order of the
project. The only instances I didn't bring up on virt3 were from the
following projects: juju, dumps, etherpad, puppet, testing,
turnkey-mediawiki. I believe these projects are not currently in use.

If your instance wasn't brought up, or it failed to boot, you can
start and reboot it via the reboot action in labsconsole. If you have
rebooted your instance and are still having issues with it, please let
me know.

Hopefully gluster 3.3 solves some of our issues. 3.2.x was apparently
ill-suited for hosting virtual machine images, where 3.3 has been
designed to handle them well. If we have another major issue with
gluster, I'll heavily consider moving to another solution.

- Ryan