[Labs-l] Heads-up: Labsconsole wiki may change URL

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 20:19:46 UTC 2012

On 11/03/12 00:38, Sumana Harihareswara wrote:
> Just a heads-up: Ryan Lane, Guillaume Paumier, and other interested
> folks are talking about a plan to unify some related wikis
> (http://labsconsole.wikimedia.org and http://wikitech.wikimedia.org) and
> rename the subdomain to something like "ops" or "labs".  They're going
> to start talking about it at a meeting next week.  There will be lots of
> announcements before we do anything, but I just wanted to give you a
> heads-up that "labsconsole.wikimedia.org" may not be the domain name
> forever.  So, like, don't hard-code stuff if you can avoid it.  :-)

labsconsole needs to be coupled to labs infrastructure, as it accesses
LDAP, changes LDAP attributes, queries VM status, creates new ones...

OTOH a requisite for wikitech is to be at a different site so it stays
up even in case of a complete failure.

How do you expect to merge those conflicting requisites?