[Labs-l] ubuntu 12

Petr Bena benapetr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 16:49:18 UTC 2012

Hi

I was quite disappointed when I saw the number of packages which
ubuntu developers decided to deprecate just because it's hard to
maintain them. Some of them are mozilla development packages such as
xulrunner and others which lot of software, including mono depends on.
For this reason I would like to suggest that we keep support for
ubuntu 10.04 on labs for some longer time as it might be complicated
to run some software on latest ubuntu.

I believe that ubuntu guys will soon understand how important some of
the packages were, given to massive amount of help requests related to
these packages and eventually restore the support for these.