[Labs-l] IRC logs are gone

Jeremy Baron jeremy at tuxmachine.com
Sat Dec 15 00:12:21 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Petr Bena <benapetr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I don't know what happened, but someone removed recursively all data in
> ~wm-bot/logs

Wasn't that accident already announced?

> I may have a backup but because this removal was done yesterday or earlier
> and apparently happens every day, it's a problem, because even the complete
> logs archive is almost empty now.

Every day?? elaborate?

I have my own personal logs too. But I'm not in all channels the bot
is logging and I'd need to figure out which parts to publish or not.
(e.g. when someone disabled or enabled logging) Also we'd have to deal
with hostname redaction. Do we have a record of all times that logs
have needed manual redacting? a la oversight. Because mine would be
unaffected by prior redactions so the same info that merits oversight
would end up getting published again.

-Jeremy