[Labs-l] Upgrade complete

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Tue Aug 28 03:28:14 UTC 2012

The upgrade is complete.

All instances should be up, but it's possible that some have failed to
boot for one reason or another. deployment-prep, for example, has some
instances down because some instances depend on other instances to
start properly, which means the instances must be booted in a specific
order. If your instance is not accessible for some reason, please let
me know and I'll work with you to bring it up.

There's a couple interface changes that come along with this upgrade:

1. There's no availability zones anymore. There are now regions. At
this moment there's only a single region (pmtpa), but soon we'll be
adding the eqiad region as well. Because of this, you'll notice that
there's no zone selection on the instance creation page. Similarly,
there's no choice for dns domain on the instance creation page. These
are set for you automatically.
2. No more global groups. I doubt anyone will notice this.

There's a few places the interface is showing the instance's openstack
id rather than its name or its ec2-style ID. These will be fixed as I
get a chance to get to them.

Overall, the interface should be faster than it was pre-upgrade.
There's still a few places where I can be memcaching things. I'll be
taking care of that soon as well. Additionally, there should be no
more 500 errors.

If you run into any bugs, please submit them to bugzilla.

- Ryan