[Labs-announce] [Labs-l] ops/puppet mariadb submodule is gone - self-hosted puppet-masters need manual updating

Madhumitha Viswanathan mviswanathan at wikimedia.org
Tue Mar 14 18:09:25 UTC 2017

Hi all,

The DBAs have removed the mariadb submodule from ops/puppet and integrated
it into the main repository. I've copied Jaime's email on this to the ops
list below.

Tools users are not affected by this. If you are a maintainer of a Labs
project that has a self hosted puppetmaster, you probably have to manually
fix it by deleting the modules/mariadb directory, and doing a git
pull/rebase with production to update.

Feel free to reach out to us on #wikimedia-labs for any questions or
concerns.