[Labs-announce] [Labs][Tools] Security reboots for NFS Servers

Madhumitha Viswanathan mviswanathan at wikimedia.org
Wed Jun 28 04:33:22 UTC 2017

Hi all,

We need to reboot the NFS Servers - starting with the servers that power
/home and /data/project across NFS enabled Labs instances, including Tools.
This is scheduled to happen at 15:00 UTC on Thursday, 29 June 2017. The
outage should be a short window of a few minutes, and there may be some
intermittent failures in accessing these shares, and job scheduling on the
grid, but service should ideally get restored quickly.

We'll then reboot the server that powers /data/scratch, /public/dumps and
maps (on all Labs instances including tools). This is scheduled to happen
at 17:00 UTC on Thursday, 29 June 2017. These shares will be unavailable
for a short time while the server is being rebooted.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused, I will update the list when the
reboots are done. Feel free to reach out to us on #wikimedia-cloud for any
questions or concerns.

--
Madhumitha Viswanathan
Operations Engineer, Cloud Services