[Labs-announce] Horizon upgrade tomorrow (Tuesday), 16:00 UTC

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Mon Feb 13 17:58:10 UTC 2017

     Tomorrow I'm going to upgrade https://horizon.wikimedia.org/ from
version 'Liberty' to version 'Mitaka'.  I've scheduled an hour-long
window for the upgrade, although the actual switch-over should be much
shorter.  Downtime should be minimal; I'll be clearing caches as part of
the upgrade, so login sessions will be interrupted, and performance may
suffer a bit while the cache is cold.

     The Mitaka version contains a lot of new Javascript front-end
code.  Some of the new interfaces (in particular the one for creating
new VMs) are a bit strange and will take some getting used to.  Overall,
though, the Mitaka upgrade is an improvement, and I have high hopes that
it will considerably improve performance.

     I've tested the new version extensively, but there may well be
breakages around the corners of some of our custom features, so don't
hesitate to notify me if you see new, bad behavior.

-Andrew