[Labs-announce] Tools DB / Labs Postgres DB maintenance on 15 Feb 2017

Yuvi Panda yuvipanda at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 05:57:41 UTC 2017

Hello!

Tools DB and Labs Postgres DB will be undergoing maintenance on 15 Feb
2017 for about 6 hours starting at 1700 UTC and will be unreachable
for some of the duration. Most users shouldn't experience issues if
their code reconnects properly when the server stops accepting
connections (we'll failover to slaves when doing maintenance). Some
tables will not be available for a short period of time, but the tool
owners of those tables have already been notified (see
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T127164 ). We'll try to minimize
downtime as much as possible.

We will be upgrading the operating system from Ubuntu Precise to
Debian Jessie in preparation for EOL of Ubuntu Precise (in April
2017). We'll also take this opportunity to upgrade Tools DB to Mariadb
10.

All data should be preserved in this migration. Follow
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T123731 for more information!

Thanks!

--
Yuvi Panda T