[Labs-announce] Tool Labs NFS space conservation (round 3)

Chase Pettet cpettet at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 12 20:17:20 UTC 2016

The last NFS storage cleanup was in March and we are there again.  I am
going to empty log, err, and out files greater than 100M.  We are much
further down the road for NFS improvements even still since last time :)

On Friday (10/11/2016) I will initiate this cleanup.

A big thank you to the folks using native log rotation libraries (for their
language of choice) to handle this, and to those who are keeping an eye on
their own space usage.  We do not have a solution for this en mass yet but
approaching this issue from multiple angles has been beneficial.

Come see us in #wikimedia-labs to help or express concern.

Thanks,

Chase Pettet (chasemp)